Advance notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Lower North Thompson Community Forest Society will be held on Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 7:00pm at the North Thompson Volunteer Centre located at 4936 Barriere Town Road (District of Barriere Building), at which time it is intended that Directors be elected for the ensuing year. As per the by-laws of the Society:
A member seeking to stand for election as a Director on the Board of the Society must meet the following criteria:
- A person must be a member in good standing.
- A person must submit a written nomination, signed by two other members in good standing.
- A person has not been convicted of an indictable criminal offence unless they have obtained a pardon.
- A person has agreed, in writing, to abide by the Constitution and Bylaws & Declaration of Commitment.
- A person has completed a written Personal Disclosure of potential conflict of interest, with explanation of how it may be a conflict.
Persons interested in standing for election shall submit a resume by October 20, 2017 to:
Lower North Thompson Community Forest Society
Barriere, BC V0E 2Z0
Societies Action Transition
Advance notice is also given for the following resolution to be made at the AGM; this resolution has been made to enable transitioning under B.C.’s New Societies Act:
- The Bylaws of the Society be rescinded in their entirety and replaced with the Bylaws attached hereto as Schedule “A”