The LNTCFS is pleased to announce our decision to donate $ 115,000 for 2017/18 to be disbursed as follows:
- $ 35,000 has been allocated to Barriere Secondary School (BSS) 2019 Graduates for student awards (scholarships and/or bursaries). As with previous years, these awards will be administered through BSS;
- $ 80,000 has been allocated for distribution through our community grants program. Click here for grant application forms and guidelines. All applications received by December 31, 2018 will be reviewed by the LNTCFS board members who will award the money to successful applicants.
Check out this newspaper article from the Star Journal about our 2018 Community Meetings. Thank-you to everyone who was able to make it out, we appreciate your input and ideas!!
Photo Credit: Jill Hayward
The Lower North Thompson Community Forest Society (LNTCFS)
hereby wish to invite you to our:
2018 Accountability Meetings, Open House & Dinner with the LNTCFS
At one of the following locations:
- McLure Community Fire Hall: Thursday, June 28, 2018
- Squam Bay Community Hall: Thursday, July 5, 2018
- Barriere: LNTCFS Open House, 4737 Gilbert Drive (1st left Barriere Industrial Park): Thursday, July 12, 2018
- Chu Chua Community Hall: Thursday, July 19, 2018
- Little Fort Community Hall: Thursday, July 26, 2018
All dinners to begin at 5:30pm, with Community meetings to follow at 6:30pm
We want your input and feedback:
Learn about your community forest, Share your ideas about the Lower North Thompson’s future
Please Attend, Enjoy a Meal, and Have Your Say
The Lower North Thompson Community Forest Society was given the Robin Hood Memorial Award for Excellence in Community Forestry by Doug Donaldson, Minister of Forester Lands, Naturals Resource Operations and Rural Development.
Here’s the BC Community Forest Association announcement.
Congratulations to the Barriere Secondary School Grads of 2018! Here’s director Gai Conan with the 2018 LNTCFS Scholarship recipients; each of these students (+1 missing) will receive $3,750 to support their post-secondary education for a total of $30,000 in LNTCFS support.
Congratulations on the successful completion of this project! Here’s a link to the full article: Replica School House Article
We are pleased to announce funding approval from the BC Rural Dividend Fund of $100,000 towards the development of a firewood processing facility at our millsite. The objective of this project will be to help utilize mill waste and low value logs from our license area while helping to create local employment and economic diversification of our organization.
Rural Dividend Press Release