Advance notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Lower North Thompson Community Forest Society will be held on Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at 7:00pm at the North Thompson Activity Centre located at 4936 Barriere Town Road (District of Barriere Building), at which time it is intended that Directors be elected for the ensuing year. As per the by-laws of the Society:
A member seeking to stand for election as a Director on the Board of the Society must meet the following criteria:
- A person must be a member in good standing.
- A person must submit a written nomination, signed by two other members in good standing.
- A person has not been convicted of an indictable criminal offence unless they have obtained a pardon.
- A person has agreed, in writing, to abide by the Constitution and Bylaws & Declaration of Commitment.
- A person has completed a written Personal Disclosure of potential conflict of interest, with explanation of how it may be a conflict.
Persons interested in standing for election shall submit a resume by October 18, 2019 to:
Lower North Thompson Community Forest Society
Barriere, BC V0E 1E0
Or via email to LNTCFSociety@telus.net
Our 2019 Financial Statement has now been posted to our website and is available for review.
On August 19th 2019 the summer students working at the Lower North Thompson Community Forest Society spent a day with the North Thompson Activity Center Society volunteer summer camp making tree boxes and educating kids about forests!
The Lower North Thompson Community Forest Society’s 2019 summer students helped instruct and assist Susan Bondar with planting 100 trees behind the Barriere Elementary school for an outdoor class.
It’s that time of year again, check out our newsletter with the latest updates!
Click here to view
The LNTCFS is pleased to announce our decision to donate $ 115,000 for 2017/18 to be disbursed as follows:
- $ 35,000 has been allocated to Barriere Secondary School (BSS) 2019 Graduates for student awards (scholarships and/or bursaries). As with previous years, these awards will be administered through BSS;
- $ 80,000 has been allocated for distribution through our community grants program. Click here for grant application forms and guidelines. All applications received by December 31, 2018 will be reviewed by the LNTCFS board members who will award the money to successful applicants.
Check out this newspaper article from the Star Journal about our 2018 Community Meetings. Thank-you to everyone who was able to make it out, we appreciate your input and ideas!!
Photo Credit: Jill Hayward
The Lower North Thompson Community Forest Society (LNTCFS)
hereby wish to invite you to our:
2018 Accountability Meetings, Open House & Dinner with the LNTCFS
At one of the following locations:
- McLure Community Fire Hall: Thursday, June 28, 2018
- Squam Bay Community Hall: Thursday, July 5, 2018
- Barriere: LNTCFS Open House, 4737 Gilbert Drive (1st left Barriere Industrial Park): Thursday, July 12, 2018
- Chu Chua Community Hall: Thursday, July 19, 2018
- Little Fort Community Hall: Thursday, July 26, 2018
All dinners to begin at 5:30pm, with Community meetings to follow at 6:30pm
We want your input and feedback:
Learn about your community forest, Share your ideas about the Lower North Thompson’s future
Please Attend, Enjoy a Meal, and Have Your Say
The Lower North Thompson Community Forest Society was given the Robin Hood Memorial Award for Excellence in Community Forestry by Doug Donaldson, Minister of Forester Lands, Naturals Resource Operations and Rural Development.
Here’s the BC Community Forest Association announcement.